Sucker Punch has just released patch notes for the latest update to Ghost of Tsushima.
The Ghost of Tsushima patch will bring a new Lethal Difficulty level and more options to lower the intensity of combat, as well as some new text options for accessibility.
I am definitely welcoming the options to lower the intensity of combat as even on easy difficulty, some parts of the game are still a bit challenging. The lower intensity option will give you more time to react and will make stealth more forgiving amongst other things.
Ghost of Tsushima patch 1.05 should arrive on your PS4 at some point today. There’s no indication what the size the patch will be, but it doesn’t sound like it should be too big.
The patch notes for Ghost of Tsushima patch 1.05 can be read below.
Ghost of Tsushima patch notes
New difficulty level: Lethal
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal.
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted.
- Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle text colour options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.
Source: Sucker Punch