Tripwire Interactive, developers of the new Shark RPG Maneater, have detailed a day zero patch which will land shortly. The patch lands ahead of the PS4 launch tomorrow and fixes several issues and bugs.
It is not known how big the patch will be on PS4 but there is a fairly lengthy list of issues and bugs that it addresses. Good to see the developers keeping on top of these things before launch.
Patch notes can be found below;
- Fixed several Landmarks not properly unlocking
- Fixed a rare case where the save file would be deleted on the PS4
- Fixed an AI issue where predators would stop chasing players with extended play time
- Found and fixed several causes of crashes
- Added Focus Threat ability
- Adjusted camera distance to shark for pup and teen
- Adjusted Bounty Hunter movement and targeting
- Added more details to the evolution upgrade menu
- Adjusted mix of game audio
- Tuned suspicion for humans on civilian boats
- Added more detail to some quest descriptions
- Added Game Tips to the right side of screen
- Added option in menu to disable and reset Game Hints.
- Reduced number of center screen pop-ups for the tutorial by changing some to Game Tips.
- Added a bigger celebration UI for obtaining an evolution
- Added a bigger celebration for shark level up
- Added post game stats screen
- Adjusted wildlife vulnerability visuals to better communicate when wildlife are vulnerable
- Add level UI above wildlife and hunters
- Adjusted Evolution menu UI to better communicate when you are unable to equip an evolution.
- Added scale meter to the Evolution menu to give player’s perspective on the shark’s size
- Improved haptic feedback
- Added vulnerable FX to proximity bombs
- Removed electric shield from mid-boss fight.
- Added pop-ups to better explain how to get evolutions and what each set strongest against
- Tuned health for non-combative wildlife and civilians
- Adjusted cull distance on some assets throughout all regions
- Increase player level requirements for being able to instantly clamp on to a creature
- Increase resource cost for upgrading evolutions
- Increase time it takes for player to recharge their body evolution active ability
- Performance and stability improvements
- Fixed instances where AI could break
- Fixed text formatting issues
- Fixed civilian human sight radius issues
- Fixed art and audio bugs in cinematics
- Fixed issue where player could use abilities during cinematics
- Fixed collision snag spots in tunnels throughout all regions
- Fixed floating assets throughout all regions
- Fixed missing art assets throughout all regions
Maneater is out tomorrow, 22nd May for PS4. The game is looking very interesting and looks like it could be this years sleeper hit.