A new system software beta for PS5, Beta 2, has launched and has some pretty nice new features that will make it into a full release soon. If you’ve been lucky enough to receive a Beta code in your inbox then you can download and try out the PS5 system software now.
The PlayStation Blog details all the new features in the PS5 beta but here are the main features.
- Discord voice chat integration
- Start or request a share screen from a friends profile
- Party chats have a new “join game” icon
- A new “friends who play” tile
- Manually upload game captures to the PS App
- VRR support for 1440p
- Game library enhancements – sort and filter by PS VR/PS VR2 games
- PS4 to PS5 saved data migration
- Easy PS5 to PS5 data transfer
- Improvements to the screen reader
- Update the DualSense wirelessly
- Game capture using voice command (US and UK)
You can read more detailed info on the new beta features over on the PlayStation Blog. I got a beta code sent to my email and installed it last night, so I will be poking around the new system software to see what’s what.