Sony has pushed out an update for the PS5 today (9th of June 2021) that improves system performance and fixes a few minor issues.
As well as improving the system performance of the PS5, version 21.01-03.20.00 of the PS5 system software also fixes a screen reader issue, an issue with games hidden on PS4 not being hidden on PS5, and copying games to external USB storage is now more stable.
The DualSense controller also got an update which improves stability. So you’ll need to hook your controller up to your PS5 with the USB-C cable when prompted.
Here’s the full list of fixes for PS5 System Software Version 21.01-03.20.00
- This system software update improves system performance.
- Updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
- Fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where games that you’ve hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
- Made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.
You can find out more about PS5 system software updates and how to install them from a USB drive on the PlayStation support page.