Striking Distance Studios’ The Callisto Protocol has just gotten a major new update. The patch (version 3.01) was just released on January 19th and includes improvements, bug fixes and a New Game+ mode.
New Game+ can be accessed once you have completed the game and requires an active save file from game completion. You will be able to collect all your previously acquired weapons, upgrades and Callisto Credits at the first reforge point.
The Callisto Protocol is a pretty decent game. It’s billed as a horror game but I found it to be more gory than scary. Still, it’s a pretty thrilling ride and New Game+ just might make me pick up again. If you want to play a really scary game that won’t empty your wallet then check out my review of Trenches, it’s a horror game set in World War 1 with some really terrifying jump scares.
Check out The Callisto Protocol patch 3.01 patch notes below.
The Callisto Protocol 3.01 Patch Notes
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low-frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani