VR Sword-Fighting action game Altair Breaker from Tokyo-based developer Thirdverse has been confirmed for PlayStation VR2. The confirmation comes via an announcement trailer uploaded to the PlayStation official YouTUbe channel yesterday. Check out the announcement trailer below and read on for more details.
Altair Breaker was initially released on Meta Quest and PCVR platforms and is now making its way to PlayStation’s PS VR2 headset. The games PS VR2 version will feature all the content included in the base game and the Event Horizon update.
Altair Breaker has been designed with casual players in mind and promises a “new generation of VR sword fighting action.” The game also features several unique aspects and actions that would be impossible to perform in the real world. Things like high-speed sword fighting, aerial combos, blow-ups and a wide range of attacks with special moves.
Altair Breaker will also feature multiplayer co-op for up to four players so you can play with friends.
The game takes place in an aerial city located in the VR world called “ALTAIR”, where AI was created in the past to help develop singularity-like creatures. Once a group of islands covered in a sea of clouds, most of the islands have collapsed to this day. Now they are nothing but ruins floating in the void inhabited by LAWS, the experimental battle AIs left behind and free to wander around. Players are guided by the humanoid AI “Stella” who observes and manages this land, and are challenged to fight against the vicious “LAWS”.
Altair Breaker Features
If you like games like Swordsman VR you’ll probably love Altair Breaker. But if you’re still not sure then check out this list of game features.
- Transcendent VR Sword-Fighting: Designed with casual players in mind, ALTAIR BREAKER brings a “new generation of VR sword-fighting action” to the VR world featuring high-speed sword-fighting action, blow-ups, aerial combos, and wide-range attacks with special moves.
- Unique Battle System: Move from map to map while enjoying the feeling of transcendent sword fighting. Take advantage of your surroundings by climbing and gliding to easily take on enemies.
- Experience a wide range of attacks only possible in the VR world, like Shockwaves and Surge Mode.
- Expansive World of ALTAIR: The game takes place in an aerial city ALTAIR, where AI was created to develop singularity-like creatures. Once a group of islands in a sea of clouds, most of the islands have collapsed and only floating ruins remain, which are inhabited by LAWS, the experimental battle AIs left behind and free to wander around.
- Freedom of Movement: Glide through the air using your glider or climb the walls of a fortress as movement is possible in all directions in VR space. The entire map is your battlefield!
There is no release date yet for Altair Breaker but hopefully, it will arrive on PS VR2 next year, shortly after the PS VR2’s launch. PlayStation VR2 will be launched on February 22nd 2023 some launch games have already been confirmed and you can pre-order them right now.