Guerrilla Games are hard at work on the Horizon franchise. Not only did we get to see some amazing gameplay from Horizon Call of the Mountain at yesterday’s State of Play, but the Dutch PlayStation Studio also announced a major update for Horizon Forbidden West.
This big update which combines patch 1.13 and hotfix 1.15 brings New Game plus and an Ultra Hard Mode to Horizon Forbidden West. Somehow I doubt I’ll be trying that out though as I find the game pretty difficult on east mode.
But wait, there’s even more. The new update also includes a new herbal vendor as well as functionality to reset your skills. Guerilla has even added a transmog mode so you can change the look of Aloy’s armour. Hooray!
The new update is out now for PS4 and PS5 and it is less than 1 GB in size. Check out the full patch notes below.
Horizon Forbidden West update 1.14 & 1.15 patch notes
We’re so thankful for our incredibly talented community and are happy to announce that this major update includes much-requested features, including:
- New Game+
- Ultra Hard difficulty mode when selecting the difficulty for New Game or New Game Plus
- Reset Skills functionality within the menu
- New functionality to apply a different look to Aloy’s armor.
- New Rewards available in New Game+ (Weapons, Dyes and Face Paints)
- A New Trophy Set
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Performance and Stability
- Improved visual fidelity in Performance Mode.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Sea of Sands” where progression was blocked when trying to open the valve.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where the quest would become stuck if the cinematic was skipped too fast.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where the quest did not progress after defeating the Grimhorn.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Breaking Even” where the beams that need to be interacted with would not be present.
- Fixed an issue where fast-travelling to Rebel Outpost: High Turning would send Aloy somewhere else.
- Fixed an issue where the campfire in Rebel Camp: Devil’s Grasp would remain unavailable after completing the camp.
- Fixed an issue where an objective would not be completed in Rebel Camp: The Hive
- Fixed an issue in The Arena where the timer would continue counting down after defeating all the machines.
- Oops… Added World Datapoint 63, which can be found somewhere near the Widemaw site on the Isle of Spires.
- Fixed an issue where the Tallneck shockblast would destroy all other machines.
- Fixed an issue where the Fireclaw would not go into the Shocked or Knocked Down State when triggered during certain attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the Behemoth would be able to chain charge attacks in rapid succession.
- Fixed an issue where detached machine parts could fall through the floor.
- Reduced the armour health for the Quen Imperial Guard to be more in line with the other enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the tier 4 Hammerburst Boltblaster would deal less damage than the tier 3 version.
- Fixed an issue where enemies would become suspicious when spotting an active Blast Trap.
- Fixed an issue where some weapons did not give Valor correctly.
- Reduced crafting costs for crafting Traps at a Workbench.
- Rebalanced crafting costs for Elite & Advanced Traps when crafting in the wild.
- Fixed an issue where some weapon perks did not give the correct values.
- Updated the Resilient Trapper skill with new values.
- Fixed an issue where the Braced Shot would become buffed in unintended ways.
- Fixed an issue where canisters would have different rarities.
- Added an option to show or hide grapple icons.
- Added a “Pry Open” option under the Hold/Toggle Accessibility Settings.
- Added an option for overriding machines to switch to ‘Toggle’ in the Accessibility Settings.
- Updated icons for various machine parts.
Performance and Stability
- Additional streaming fixes in-game.
- Additional crash fixes.
- Added Filmgrain to photo mode. Grain scales with intensity: low values have small grain, high values increase the size of the grain, which leaves the higher values especially suited to black and white experimentation.
- Fixed an issue where loot barrels would not get destroyed in one hit.
- Fixed an issue where overheal would not take the higher value when consuming Health Potions and Food at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where civilians would not always respond to rain.
- Fixed an issue where the Motion Aiming did not work for the second controller when using the Co-Pilot feature.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy could still control a mount when in the Shocked State.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy could crawl through a vent while holding a battery.
- Multiple localization and subtitles fixes and improvements.
- Multiple lighting fixes and improvements.
- Fixed HUD elements showing simultaneously when starting the game in specific circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the dialogue with Untalla did not complete the activity after handing in all Black Boxes.
- Fixed an issue where custom difficulty was not restored properly when loading a game that was made with custom difficulty selected.
- Improved The Arena text readability in Arabic.