The latest PS5 system software is now live and available to download and install on your console. System software version 23.02-08.20.00 brings a couple of neat new features for music in the control centre and the PS VR2.
The update also improves messages and the usability of some screens on PS5. Here’s the outline of what’s new in this update from the PlayStation website.
- Music in the control centre is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.
The music feature of the control centre has been nicely improved. It is now easier to use with a two-column layout so you can more easily browse recently played items, categories and playlists.
The update also adds a new PS VR2 setting which is useful if you broadcast your PS VR2 games to the likes of Twitch or YouTube. Sony has added a new setting that stops you from accidentally broadcasting your living room to your audience. With the Block See-Through View on TV setting turned on it will block your see-through view from showing on your TV and broadcasts.
The latest PS5 system software update is out now and is 1.185 GB in size.