Ubisoft has just posted patch notes for patch 1.4.0 over on the Assassin’s Creed Reddit. Patch 1.4.0 adds a couple of new features to Assassin’s Creed Origins as well as fixing some bugs and it paves the way for the hotly anticipated Curse of the Pharaohs DLC, which will be the games second expansion.
The PS4 patch size will be 2.9GB and will be deployed sometime tomorrow, March 6th.
There is no mention of a quest to kick of the Curse of the Pharaohs, you’ll recall that with patch 1.2.0 there was the Incoming Threat quest added with the patch which led in to The Hidden Ones. Even though there is no quest mentioned, that doesn’t mean to say that there won’t be one, we’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
Another interesting thing worth mentioning is that a reward has been added to the main game for finishing all 75 guided tours in the Discovery Tour. I better get a move on and get my tours finished so I can find out what the reward is.
You can read the patch notes below and make sure to check out my Curse of the Pharaohs, All The Info You Need To Know post for some more info on Curse of the Pharaohs, which launches next week on the 12th of March.
Patch notes for patch 1.4.0
- Added support for the “The Curse of the Pharaohs” expansion
- Added a reward to the main game for completing the Discovery Tour – finish all 75 guided tours to find out what that reward is. 😉
- Fixed an issue blocking the quest “Homecoming” from progressing when Hypatos is knocked down by a blunt weapon
- Fixed an issue where the Discovery Tour progress could be lost after reinstalling the base game without patching to the latest version
- Fixed an issue that could limit the speed of a mount in all areas
The Hidden Ones
- Removed the possibility of selling the Mysterious Papyrus at the Bureau
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Kill Sefetu’s archers” objective from completing in the quest “All Eyes on Us”
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from giving the amulet to complete the quest “A Dream of Ashes”
- Fixed an issue with mounts appearing in the fight ring during the quest “Lady of Slaughter”
- Improved enemies reactions to observing a Chain Assassination
- Added the possibility of parrying with the shield while carrying a torch
- Changed the description of the Hou Yi’s Bow to indicate that it has Poison on Hit ability instead of Instant Charging
- Fixed the displayed Player Level on a save game which could drop back to 40 after uninstalling an add-on
- Fixed an issue preventing Camp Shetjeh from completing
- Fixed an issue preventing the Gracious Attire from appearing in Weaver Shops
- Fixed an issue with Phylakes that would stop spawning
- Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from leaving the Krocodilopolis arena after performing a Fast Travel
- Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from controlling mounts of assassinated NPCs
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the output of any sound when resuming the game after being inactive.
- [PC] Fixed low-quality textures for low and very low texture details
- [PC] Fixed flickering artifacts on multi-monitor setup
- [PC] Fixed resolution option when using portrait mode
- Improved overall stability of the game application
- [PC] Fixed an issue preventing the completion of the ”Seshem.eff Er Aat” tomb after quitting the game with Alt-F4 after having activated the Ancient Mechanisms