The first six months of 2023, and particularly just the first 3 months of the year are absolutely jam-packed with new game releases. With a wide variety of upcoming games to choose from as well as PlayStation VR2, the first half of 2023 is a very good time to be a PlayStation Fan.
With the new year just around the corner, PlayStation Fanatic takes a look at what you can expect for the first six months of 2023.
There are quite a number of big AAA heavy-hitters coming out during this time. Games like Forspkoen, Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Space, Resident Evil 4, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and Final Fantasy 16 too name just a few of the games that will be vying for your money and attention this coming year.
2023 certainly looks like it will be a fantastic time to be a gamer, whether you play on PlayStation or any other platform. So let’s take a look at what’s coming in the first half of 2023.
For the lists below I have only included games that have confirmed release dates. So anything that has only a release window I have not included.
January 2023 PS5 and PS4 Games
The new year kicks off with a pretty packed month for new game releases in January. January sees the likes of Square Enix’s open-world fantasy RPG Forspkoen and EA’s Dead Space Remake headline the big-name AAA offerings to kick off the year. There’s also Bandai Namco’s RPG One Piece Odyssey for fans of the series and a host of indie games to look forward to in the first month of 2023.
- Vengeful Guardian: Moon Rider – PS5/PS4 (12 January 2023)
- Aurora’s Journey and the Pitiful Lackey – PS5/PS4 (13 January 2023)
- One Piece Odyssey – PS5/PS4 (13 January 2023)
- A Space for the Unbound – PS5/PS4 (January 19 2023)
- Tortuga – A Pirates Tale – PS5/PS4 (19 January 2023)
- Forspoken – PS5 (24 January 2023)
- Startup Company Console Edition – PS5/PS4 (26 January 2023)
- Dead Space – PS5 (27 January 2023)
- Season A Letter to the Future – PS5/PS4 (31 January 2023)
- We Were Here Forever – PS5/PS4 (31 January 2023)
- Blade Assault – PS5/PS4 (31 January 2023)
February 2023 PS5 and PS4 Games
If you thought January looks pretty busy for new game releases then wait to you get a load of February. It’s insane! The second month of the year sees games like Deliver Us Mars, Hogwarts Legacy, Wild Hearts, Atomic Heart and Like A Dragon: Ishin hit PlayStation consoles. And that is only a small selection of the games coming out in February. And we haven’t even touched upon the fact that PlayStation VR2 launches on February 22nd which also sees a whole host of PS5 VR games.
PS VR2’s launch schedule alone is pretty healthy, so I have put these games in a separate list below.
- Deliver Us Mars – PS5/PS4 (2 February 2023)
- Raiden IV x Mikado Remix – PS5/PS4 (3 February 2023)
- Clash: Artifacts of Chaos – PS5/PS4 (9 February 2023)
- Hogwarts Legacy – PS5/PS4 (10 February 2023)
- Wanted: Dead – PS5 (14 February 2023)
- Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society – PS5/PS4 (17 February 2023)
- Wild Hearts – PS5 (17 February 2023)
- Atomic Heart – PS5/PS4 (21 February 2023)
- Like a Dragon: Ishin! – PS5/PS5 (21 February 2023)
- Blood Bowl 3 – PS5/PS4 (23 February 2023(
- Octopath Traveller 2 – PS5/PS4 (24 February 2023)
- Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key – PS5/PS4 (24 February 2023)
- Destiny 2: Lightfall – PS5/PS4 (28 February 2023)
- Frank and Drake – PS5/PS4 (28 February 2023)
- Scars Above – PS5 (28 February 2023)
February 2023 PS VR2 Launch Games
- Horizon Call of the Mountain (22 February 2023)
- Demeo (22 February 2023)
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxies Edge – Enhanced Edition (22 February 2023)
- Kayak VR: Mirage (22 February 2023)
- Cities VR – Enhanced Edition (22 February 2023)
- Cosmonious High (22 February 2023)
- Hello Neighbour: Search and Rescue (22 February 2023)
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR (22 February 2023)
- The Light Brigade (22 February 2023)
- Altair Breaker (22 February 2023)
- Moss (22 February 2023)
- Moss: Book II (22 February 2023)
- Resident Evil Village VR Mode (22 February 2023)
- Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (22 February 2023)
- Fantavision 202X (22 February 2023)
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (22 February 2023)
- The Tale of Onogoro (22 February 2023)
March 2023 PS5 and PS4 Games
March 2023 is another packed month for new game releases. Again this is a month that sees a few big-name’s launching such as Team Ninja’s Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and Ubisofts High Seas pirate game Sull & Bones and EA Fallen Order sequel Star War Jedi: Survivor. Theres also Resident Evil 4 Remake and for PS VR2 The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners Chapter 2. There’s also plenty of indies and otehr titles to look forward to in March. With so many great games releasing around the same time, some delays might not be a bad thing.
- Tiny Troopers: Global Ops – PS5/PS4 (3 March 2023)
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – PS5/PS4 (3 March 2023)
- Skull and Bones – PS5 (9 March 2023)
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Exlipse – PS5/PS4 (9 March 2023)
- Moster Energy Supercross 6 – PS5/PS4 (9 March 2023)
- ONI – Road to be the Mightiest Oni – PS5/PS4 (9 March 2023)
- DC’s Justice League: Cosmic Chaos – PS5/PS4 (10 March 2023)
- Mato Anomalies – PS5/PS4 (10 March 2023)
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor – PS5 (17 March 2023)
- The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners Chapter 2: Retribution – PS5/PSVR2 (21 March 2023)
- Resident Evil 4 Remake – PS5 (24 March 2023)
- Daymare 1994: Sandcastle – PS5 (31 March 2023)
April 2023 PS5 and PS4 Games
As we head into April 2023 the number of games with confirmed release dates is starting to dwindle. But there are still a couple of heavy hitters confirmed for April. Horizon Forbidde West gets a new DLC in Burning Shores which sees Aloy brave the wilds of Los Angeles and face a new threat. Also in April is zombie slaying RPG Dead Island 2 which is also set in a hellish version of Los Angeles.
April is also thte start of a new financial year, so you can certainly expect a lot more games to have there release dates confirmed from April onwards.
- Meet Your Maker – PS5/PS4 (4 April 2023)
- God of Rock – PS5/PS4 (18 April 2023)
- Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores – PS5 (19 April 2023)
- Ad Infinitum – PS5/PS4 (20 April 2023)
- Roots of Pacha – PS5/PS4 (25 April)
- Dead Island 2 – PS5/PS4 (28 April 2023)
- Afterimage – PS5/PS4 (25 April 2023)
May 2023 PS5 and PS4 Games
There is only one game with a confirmed release date in May 20223 that I can find. That game is Rocksteady’s action-adventure Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. The game centers around the DC comic anti-heroes who are assembled to save The Justic League who have been brainwashed by an alien invader called Brainiac.
Although May might seem very thin on the ground as far as new releases go, there are still loads of games that could well release during this month. There are a number of games pencilled in for a Spring release, whichis March 20th to June 21st. So we could very well see some more games launching in the April to June months. In fact God of War Ragnarok is getting a new game plaus mode soetimes in SPring 2023.
- Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League – PS5 (26 May 2023)
June 2023 PS5 and PS4 Games
There are three games currently with confirmed release dates for June 2023 and all three of them are big names. June will see Street FIghter 6, Diablo 4 and Final Fantasy 16 launch on PlayStation consoles. And all three games will be competing for gamers time and money.
- Street Fighter 6 – PS5/PS4 (2 June 2023)
- Diablo IV – PS5/PS4 (6 June 2023)
- Final Fantasy XVI – PS5 (22 June 2023)
And that is all the PS5, PS VR2 and PS4 games that are curretnly launching in the first half of 2023. There will no doubt be a lot more games launching in the first half of the year once developers and publishers firm up and confgirm release dates. So even though the curretn list of confirmed games is pretty large, it will get much larger as we start to see release dates being confirmed.